Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scott Campbell

Congratulations Peter Dowson (FSUIPC) for the award

Guest Scott Campbell

Just in case you all missed it:Peter Dowdon wins AVSIM Lifetime Achievement Awardhttp://www.avsim.com/pages/0902/lifetime_a...owsonAward.htmlAVSIM also has a lovely article on the front page about it.-----------------Peter,This is wonderful news! Congrats on the award!! It's more than well deserved. I cannot think of anyone more deserving than you. Everything you have contributed to the flight simming world has made the program so useful.As I have told you a million times, FS would just be useless without all the fixes you include in FSUIPC.I also thank you personally for all that you have added to FSUIPC just from simple requests I have made - like fixing the vertical speed control for the FS2000 autopilot - and other features too numerous to list.Since I also use AdvDisp and WideFS, everything just works so well and flawlessly.Don't spend all the money in one place (of course it'll cost more for you to fly here to get it than you'd probably get). LOL---------------------------Peter's contributions to Radar Contact have also been priceless. And for that I also thank-you, Peter, for helping to make RC a better program.With much appreciation,

Guest KenG

I just cannot figure out why he still produces all those excellent programs...FOR FREE. How many addons require FSUIPC? How many simmers have greatly benefitted from it or WideFS or any of the other programs?Congratulations Peter! And thank you for all your work.

Guest etanin

Congrats on the award !Just think were we would be with out his outstanding efforts.

Nothing more to add, just THANK YOU, Peter, for your outstanding work and congratulations for the Avsim award!!! :-hahBestEtienne :-wave

All,Let me add my heartfelt thanks to Peter for his selfless dedication to the art and science of FS.Great stuff.Mike

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

Well deserved! Congrats Pete, without you I could never have set up all the hardware and software items on my system and have them function. You have added immensely to my enjoyment of this great hobby. Thank You,Ken

Guest Scott Campbell

Peter asked me to post this for him.AVSIM should give Peter a separate humility award. ;-) We all can learn from this.-----------------------------"Thank you all for the words of congratulations and encouragement. It makes the work I do seem so much more worthwhile. This week has been the first time my mailbox has had more messages of thanks and appreciation than details of problems and requests for new features!But it has also swollen that mailbox from my normal 50-100 emails per day to a massive 100-150, so let's all calm down now and get back to flying! Thanks again,Pete"----------------------------