Sign in to follow this  
Guest thx1137

VA Concept

Guest thx1137

Hi All,I have a couple of weeks off so I am looking at doing more programming on a VA concept I thought up a while ago.There are MANY VAs out there imitating various real-world airlines so I want to do something different. It is more of a framework with one or two pre-defined VAs but the VAs seniority should be flight quality driven and based on events rather than selecting a flight from a pre-defined list all the time. I would also like it to be optional but preferred that event flights are recorded. I expect there wouldn't be lots of takers but there is probably no better way to learn!One of the tricks is working out how to do interesting event generation complete with documentation such as charts, weather definitions, etc without hiring a full time workforce. :-)I am interested in feedback and/or ideas plus also whether there is much interest in the concept. As it stands it is basically what I want from a VA. :-)Here are some notes about core features. Most of the data modeling is done as is some screens to do with group/portal creation. The system is pretty flexible and uses AJAX for a better UI experience.Regards, Steven.*Automated PIREPs*Pilot career milestones - define and advertise when reached*Flight of the week(?) - scoring on precision*Support online flying*FSPassengers or similar integration (anything that can automatically provide information on the quality of a flight)*Standard career path for those not using FSPassengers or similar, ie. start in smaller aircraft with checkrides (maybe)*FSPassengers or similar pilots can fly any aircraft, poor flight results can cause promotion or demotion*Allow for different companies/groups so pilots can form groups (e.g. heavies only, GA only, PMDG Only, formation flying, MP only, etc) - group can have own banner, home text, forum, schedules, events, leaderboard (if scoring). *Group admins configure entry requirements from system defined picklists.*Able to rejoin and not lose flights if away for more than minimum period, someone else may take callsign in which case a new callsign will be issued. (pre-existing flights will be shown against new callsign)(?)*Forums*Events - graded - scored*Challenges - Provide scenery and resources - videos of challenge completion - Role of Honour*Design a livery for main group, other groups may use own livery*Allow storage of flight videos for training and showoff - document how to take video*Portal into companies/groups (must be able to easily see/use all VA companies/groups)*Pilot can apply to be a member of multiple groups, start their own group (need to decide details, don't want 1000s of groups)*Groups have their own admins (creator and others assigned be creator)*Internationalised (maybe)*Pilot biographys*Portal for use ingame

that really sounds great!I would love a va that you could actually get kicked out of if you do terrible - as far as flight performance, etc - keep me informedciao!Brian S

Ciao!