Sign in to follow this  

Too Low,,whoop whoop!!!

Yeah, I bet everyone knows what I'm talking about. I first started getting it in Matthias' Rj85 panel and now the Dash-7. can someone please tell me how to put that damn anoying and extremely sensitive GPWS in my recycling bin. It must be a module or something ...please help,.cheers, panther

I think the warning means that you are flying too low. Like if you start seeing trees sticking up above the cowling when you're cruising, you would know you are too low. If you are asleep, the GPWS will wake you up so that you can pull back on the stick and climb away from the trees.:)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest Milton

Panther,I totally agree; that's why we did not install the sounds in the Dash 7 package. But, apparently you already had them?Here is what you do... (BTW, I think this is in your Dash 7 Documentation folder)1. GPWS: The sounds on the GPWS can get annoying. If you would like them turned off, do the following. In your FS2002 Sounds folder, find and rename the following files to quiet down that GPWS:toolowflapstolowgearwhoopterrain1terrain2dontsinkglideslopepullupHope this helpsMilton

thanks milton, that helps alot, now I can do a steep approach in the Dash and not worry about the plane screaming at me all the way down. It worked like a champ........thankspanther

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi panther,I just could tell you what to do in the BAe146 and RJ85 Panel because I do not have the Dash 7 package yet.As written in the Manual, replace the Panel.cfg with the Alternate Panel.cfg and the problem is gone.Best RegardsMatthias

Matthias, thank you, Ifeel like a "numbnuts", I guess all I had to do was read the manual in your panel package. Your Rj panels are amazing thanks again. Panther

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Panther,No problem. I'm also often enough a Try and Error type.Best RegardsMatthias

Interesting, I don't get this warning in the Dash 7???? I tell you what, I wish I did, cause I love it! I've flown into one to many mountains in overcast conditions without it ;-))))

Hi!I would suggest leaving the gauges in the panel as you will at least get the visual warning (remember...in IFR conditions yer lookin at the panel, not "outside"). The sounds can be disabled as above!On the subject... Dai Griffiths designed these gauges, and I believe with Arne Bartel's help. He had been trying to create a "disengage" condition for these and so far this has not been accomplished! If you could see the Code for these gauges, (and Im still a very raw novice at the gauge programming), they are probably some of the most complex gauge code I have seen yet! The fact they work at all amazes me!! I guess the existence of an Aircraft with Dash 7's Bush flying capability, with a GPWS does pose an intresting situation. We need a GPWS 'cuz we fly in the mountains. We need it to quiet down when it only looks like we're about to "crash" on one of those Bush approaches!Happy Fying!Scott