Sign in to follow this  
I132

Help with Reality-XP EZ Config for GPS/Radio Stack

Anyone,I have tried their support forum and have recieved no reply!Problem:I am unbale to get the EZ Config program to work with my panels(non default). The program loads and I can go throught the process, but when I load the aircraft, boom, icon or GPS stack. I does however leave a black square (blank space) in the middle of the bottom of the panel. It looks like it is trying to show the GPS/Radio icon but doesn't function. I have also had no success using the key shortcuts to open either one. Has anyone experienced this or have any suggestions. I am begging here people:'( ThanksScott

Guest Deeks

Take a look at the Panel.cfg files for the ones that don't work and see if there are lines for the Reality instruments. You may only see the Window definitions at the top of the file but nothing at the end of the file. I had this problem with Win98SE and spent sometime with the good folks at Reality trying to find a solution (I'm a programmer). They tried many test rebuilds on EZ-Config and some produced better results while subsequent builds were a step backwards. At that time there where 5 other ppl with this same problem all running Win98 I believe. I have since upgrade all my home machines to Win2k and XP. I never had the problem with Win2k and it works fine on XP also. I'm sorry I can not give you complete details of my examination of the internals of the software due to copyrights and respect for the programmers but I strongly suggest you contact Reality on this issue as the more reports they get the sooner they can narrow it down. Send with your support e-mail a copy of the panel.cfg that is not getting updated properly as this will be most helpful for them. Their support team is as good as their product!NOTE: EZ-Config will NOT work with DF's Archer as there is only 1 avail. window left so you would have to hand code in the GPS or Radio stack yourself.

Guest PhilC

As in the Archer you need to hand configure the Cardinal also. I have the instructions if you need them.

Thanks guys. I did get in touch with the guys at Reality-XP, and they are working on it. In the mean time, they emailed me some updated pnl.cfg for a few of the aircraft I was having difficulty with. Thats some pretty good customer service!Scott