Sign in to follow this  
Guest imemyself

Opening second door

Guest imemyself

I having trouble opeing the second door on planes that have them (SHIFT+E+2). It just opens the first door. Is there any way to change the command to open the doors. I look throught the key assignments quickly but I didn't see it. Thanks.

Guest PhilC

I don't think there is a way to change it. It's probably hardcoded into the MSFS program.First, Make sure that you are using the key combination correctly. You should press Shift+E, release them and quickly press 2. Do not press all three at the same time.Second, even though planes have more than one door, not all are programmed to open any but the first door and sometimes that is only the passenger door.

Guest cwright

Some of the default planes certainly have second doors. But, like you, I've never managed to open any door but the first.... Could anyone confirm that the second door can be opened and, if so, what is the precise key sequence? Best regards, Chris

Guest Roath

That's interesting. I too changed (options - assignments) but I just swapped the slashE and the E because I don't do engine stuff as much as I do exit stuff. But the problem you have I too have seen...The YD732 (as an example only) I load up, open the door, extend the airstairs and proceed to prepare for departure. Then just before getting taxi instructions go to exterior view and can't get the airstairs back in.Here's the interesting part... go out of FS and reload everything and repeat (as close as memory permits) the same sequence only now it works. Complete my flight and at destination taxi to the ramp, shut down, open door and extend airstairs AND IT WORKS!You're correct in that something in the panel causes it to sometimes quit working. I just haven't figured it out yet.Phill Roath

Guest imemyself

Is MS going to make a patch for 2002? And how did you change the key setting? I just got an idea-do all of you have FSUIPC installed?

Guest flightpro08

-No Patch will be issueed for FS2k2.-Key assignments can be changed in FS2k2 Options--->Control-FSUIPC is a must for any simmer. It allows for 3rd party software to communicate with FS2k2 (DF734, FSMETEO, PSS Airubs, etc.)It can be found here (latest version is 2.901): http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 40.41 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Phil, when you say to "go out of FS" do you mean to shut it down and then re-start? Sounds way odd, but then again with computers one never knows, lol.

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

Guest imemyself

I love FSUIPC, but I just got the latest version a few days ago, and thats about when the problems started. I didn't have that much trouble before.