Sign in to follow this  
dmaher

GET ON THE G-MAX PLANE OR GET LEFT BEHIND!!!

If you hadn't already noticed, all the quality a/c addons are gmax designs. Be advised that fs2004 will "probably"only support gmax.(Scenery, a/c, etc, etc.) FS2002 is an introduction to what they have in store for us. I'm wondering what everyone elses opinion is.

Guest Niels_C

Hi there,Slightly odd disposition if you ask me. My excellent FFG DC-10'sare FSDS planes, and I wouldn't want it any different.Quality ot not, at least it means that I haven't got any of thatstupid animation stutter of landing gears or flaps.That said, GMax offers some nice tools for developers,Just my two Eurocents worth.-Niels Christiansen

you're not stating anything that hasn't already been stated before here.

Guest GerrishGray

Oh no, not this ridiculous old chestnut again, for heavens sake! FSDS 2 is promised for end October and looks like it will beat gMax into a cocked hat. Of course, it won't be fully compatible with FS2004 yet to any greater a degree than gMax presently is, because both tools have to use some FS2002 commands that will be replaced in FS2004.And you'll find that FSDS 2 is followed, or maybe even preceded, by other upgraded tools too.Or if you're a programming nerd like some of us, you can hand code your scenery objects in SCASM and make at least as good a job of them as gMax does, although it's a long-winded and potentially painful way of doing it without the aid of some of these tools that are coming soon.Ain't our hobby fun?CheersGerrish :-wink2

> Be advised that fs2004 will "probably"only >support gmax.There has yet to be any evidence from MS that supports this. Remember, you can still use FS5.1 planes in FS2002, so I see no need to panic over this yet.

Or dont forget FSD's aircraft or Carenado's. They certainly aren't GMax from screenshots I'VE seen.Cas

I was using Maya to build this B717. I found it really hard to get the kind of detailed references I wanted. I haven't worked on it for months. I