Sign in to follow this  

Need help adding AI to an uncontrolled airport

I do mostly GA aircraft and fly at small airports. I would like to add AI traffic to these airports. I have attempted doing this using TTools and AFCAD, but do not see any planes. I would very much appreciate if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong!Here is what I did:In AFCAD, I added a Ground and Tower frequency, and 4 Gate Small parking spots to airport 11S. With each parking spot I created 4 parking connectors to 4 Normal nodes. These then feed into a Hold Short node, which feeds into a Normal node located at the end of the runway. I then saved this and exited AFCAD.In TTools, I typed in the following information into Airports.txt:11S ,N48* 15.91',W124* 18.33',348In TTools, I typed in the folling information for a flight into FlightPlans.txt:AC#18,N1240,50%,24Hr,VFR,01:00:00,00:00:00,100,F,3452,11S,02:00:00,00:00:00,100,F,3453,KBLII ran TCompiler, and then ran TDeCompiler and then looked again at the plan:AC#18,N1240,50%,24Hr,VFR,00:59:57,01:50:45,100,F,3452,11S,01:59:53,02:50:42,100,F,3453,KBLIThen I went to 11S, and confirmed that I can start at one of the parking spots that I created, and am told to hold short, and then am given clearance to take off. Everything looks OK.But I set my time to 00:59:57 GMT and sat at the airport 11S. I did'nt see any traffic! I then went to KBLI at 01:59:53 GMT, but did not see any plane departing there at that time!I must be doing something wrong. I appreciate any help.Scott

Hey Scott, I have been having lots of luck and no luck with this lately. I think besides the tower freq, you have to put in an actual tower with AFCAD, plus if you don't have enough gates they won't show up and if they are not the right size, etc. it usually works fine, but sometimes.... If you post this in the TTools forum you will get better results.Is 11S the actual airport? If so I 'll check it out and see if I can get it to work!Michael

Best, Michael

KDFW

Thanks for responding. I didn't realize that you had to put an actual tower in as opposed to just the tower frequency. It would look odd though for such a small airport to have a tower though! I will give that a try. I think my gates are correct, since I chose small gates and the Cessna Skyhawk. Yes, 11S is at the very tip of NW Washington in the city of Seiku. I live in Washington and it is fun to fly around the Olympic Mountains. After I posted this I realized that there was a TTools forum so I put it there. I did get a response to set the cycle from 24HR to 1HR, but still I did not see anything. I will try another location.Scott