Sign in to follow this  

Classical Music

Dear All,What is your favourite classical music to fly to (you know, when you turn off the default engine sounds, turn on the music and fly only by the needles - 2001 Space Odessey anyone!)MothEGLL

Load up the one of the reno p-51's and then turn on Mars by Holst. That or the Valkaries.

Funny... That would make 2 of us. If my rig could put up with 2K2 and another program at the same time.

Guest Heather 636

As most of my flying is done in the classic vintage planes, pre 1950 mostly, what would be more suitable than big-band music of the late thirties and war years. Music by John Barry is nice too; pleasant without being distracting. Holst is good too, as well as Vivaldi. Oh Jeez, could go on and on.If you have downloaded the Duck, you will get a sample of some of my war year favorites. Just don't listen to it if you use rudder pedals, you can't help tapping your toes which starts putting a bit of a wiggle into the flight. ;)Cheers!Heather

Creed- "I can take you higher" :-) Hey, it is becoming a classic.Ok, Ok for classical- it would be Bach- "Brandenberg Concertos".

Guest The Ancient Brit

Living in the UK, I am fortunate enough to have BBC Radio Three on tap (mainly Classical Music, but there is some serious Jazz and World music as well). A favourite with me is anything sung by Emma Kirkby, she has no equal when it comes to Early and Baroque music.The story goes that when things to be included in a deep space probe that would represent humanity and its achievements were being considered, someone suggested music by J .S. Bach. This suggestion was rejected because any aliens finding such music would think we were boasting!Denis. The Ancient Brit.

HI Geof,I'm curious as to whether you are a player, composer, engineer, producer or what? I spent a long time in London as an arranger and composer before moving down to Cornwall. It's good to know that some sim enthusiasts are so cultured!Best Regards,Rob Young

Can't share the idea of turning OFF the engine and cockpit sounds - got to keep it real, after all - but I certainly play music on longer flights. I've fitted a few of my aircraft with a Radio/CD - the DF Archer being my favourite - and play music to suit the flying area i.e. Calypso in the Caribbean, Greek dance in the Aegean. No Chinese Opera approaching Hong Kong, though ... makes me think I've lost an engine.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Does that mean that someone who is a pilot for living, but enjoys classical music, shouldn't fly while listening to classical music? :-lol

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" is ideal when flying the wilds of Niugini.