Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dominik Mann

Need help with Samdim's Tu-144

Guest Dominik Mann

I'm sure some of you reading this will be familiar wih the plane I addressed in the subject line. It is actually a FS 2000 plane, which does, however, work in FS 2002, too.The only thing that puzzles me is the fact that I could not get the plane over Mach 1.2-1.3 when I wanted to take it on a fairly typical flight from Moscow to Vladivostok. Take-off and climbout worked out alright, as did the acceleration to Mach 1, but while I was climbing out to 60,000 feet, the plane would hardly go any faster than that. I tried reducing drag by selecting a low climb rate setting on the A/P (with 500 fpm being the lowest value I tried) and switching on the afterburners (which I enabled in the aircraft.cfg file beforehand), but I remained stuck around Mach 1.3 at best.I don't consider myself to be a true expert when it comes to edit the "hard" performance parameters, however, so I thought I should put this question up on the board.And, before you ask, I can assure you I did raise the landing gear and nose visor and retracted the flaps and canards :-) .Cheers,

I did a few test flights in that bird with nearly the same results. I think the AIR file needs to be tweeked. Keep in mind that aircraft DO act differently in FS2000/ CFS2 than they do in FS2002. I imagine the same will be true for CFS3.

Guest Dominik Mann

Well - the way I understand it, it will NOT be possible to import any pre-CFS3 planes into CFS3, since CFS3 will support ONLY GMax planes :-( .