Sign in to follow this  
Francois_Dumas

Flightsim Weekend in Amsterdam

Hi guys,I plan to go there but have no real idea what is going on there. Who is participating, what companies are exhibiting, which organisations are involved etc.etc.. The aviodome website is more than vague on this. Can anyone maybe Aidan shed some more light onto this. At least it is a 3 hours drive for me so I'd like to know what I can expect.Thx.Alex

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Alex,I can shed some light for you ;-)The show usually hosts a fair number og hobby (flightsim) groups from the Netherlands, and also a number of commcercial groups, publishers and retailers. It is a place to see how others are enjoying the hobby, we have a few groups flying in LAN's, some even with CB radio's connected through cables in stead of airwaves, people with beamers, VA's etc. Once a year there is a big show by DFSO, but they will not be here this weekend.There is also a group of F-16 flyers demo-ing their LAN flights. They fly the Falcon 4.0 package with lots of upgrades and in a very professional fashion.The theme of this October's show is Old Aircraft, so there should be an emphasis on the old props ;-)Here's a list of participants:AVSIM (just me, but hey, I am nice ;-) )CAMPGROUND VFS - more warbirdsFlightsimulatorclub Midden NederlandFly UnitedFS Magazine - a new to be published magazine, I am there too ;-)FSGG - the HCC User GroupIVAO-NLLuchtvaart Hobby Shop - good deals on hardware and softwareNetherlands 2000 Scenery Team - always interestingTradeWind Caribbean Airlines (TCA) - the best know VA in EuropeTRC Development b.v. - cool cockpit instrumentsVirtual Flight School vzwVKALowLand Tiger Display - The F-16 groupHope this helps,Francois :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm|Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:www.avsim.com/vfr_center/mainpages/vfr_flights_main_page.htm]VFR Flight Center]"Looking Good Outside"[/td][/tr][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table]________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online![/bemail: fdumas@avsim.com________________________

Wow,thx a lot Francois for the extensive answer. Well, I'll go especially as I started builing a home cockpit. But do not worry I am not really a bad guy either. Looking frwrd to meet you in person finally.Cheers,Alex

The AVSIM 'table' is next to FSMagazine, if I am not there then ask Matthew at the FSMagazine booth, he'll know how to find me ;-) :-outta Francois :-wave________________________Francois A. "Navman" DumasAssociate Editor &Forums AdministratorAVSIM Online!email: fdumas@avsim.com________________________