Sign in to follow this  
Guest Niels_C

"Failed to generate valid airway route"

When to try to make IFR flights inside Brazil (SBBR-SBEG for exanple) or flights in Oceania (specially inside Australia) using FS2002 flight planner I get this message "Failed to generate valid airway route, you may try VOR-to-VOR or direct GPS instead". Then I try Vor-to-Vor and it fails... all options but GPS fail to generate a route. Why does it happen? Is there a way to fix it?Thanks a lot!

it is because there is not enough listed airways for those areas, you can make the flight plan yourself on the other screen, or you can do gps direct but unfortunately it doesn't recognize airway structures in sparse areas, or in some regions or for some very long flights. I have the same trouble in northern canada and northern europe... perhaps in fs2004, or with fsNavigator you can make a proper route...

Well, I had the same problem again making flights in Russia and from Russia to Japan... it's damn frustrating to make flights inside only large continental aereas :(

>Is there a fix for it? There's no fix, its part of the Planner's route generation algorithm.If it can't build a path using connecting airways only, you get the error message.Regards.Ernie.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Guest Niels_C

Hi all,Moscow, for a major European City, (Yes, Europe! Why the heckdid MS put it in Asia?!?) is poorly connected. Flights in andout are best with a MCDU or similar item.Minsk, however have not produced the same problems for me, butthat is hardly a European major?*Sigh*, Fly safe all the same.-Niels Christiansen