Sign in to follow this  
Guest MARK H

Slow!

HiI'm a big fan of the Avsim site and visit some 15 times a week. However, I have notice over the last week or two that access times are getting slow. I have to use an 56K modem, is it my imagination?Best regards Bob Wright

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

It seems to be the worst on the weekends, when demand is high, but during the weeks its fast for me, but I am running a 10MBPS connection.

Hi Bob,You will probabaly find that when you have tried to access the site a huge amount of traffic was already flowing. I notice it from time to time and thats on a broadband connection!I hope this does not deter you at all from continuing your visits here to Avsim :-)BTW.... Where on the cornish coast are you from?? I am from cornwall myself!!RgdsAidihttp://www.vfr-flightcenter.com/avsim_sig.jpg

Slow isn't the word for it.Try impossible to get to the Library and Forums most of the time, unless you are on a different schedule than the rest of the world.AVSIM has surpassed their band width needs again. It is starting to curb my even trying to get on. Running 10mbs Broadband also.Really like AVSIM, wish they would step it up a bit.Mark H.