Sign in to follow this  

DF737 vs. PSSA320

Guest gooper

Hi all I am doing all my flying curently with the PIC767 and absolitely love it but i would like to try one of the shorter range aircraft(smaller) and so i wouild like some informed opinions as too which of the above mentined aircraft would be the one to buy- what are the strengths and weaknesses of each as they compare to PIC767 which to me is the best add-on ever created. cheers

Guest flightpro08

Well, you can't really compare the DF734 and the PSS Aribus series, as they're completely different beasts. In fact, you could say they're as different as comparing a boeing vs. an airbus. :-lol (Sorry, I had to ;-) )Overall, it really comes down to your personal preference. I like the PSS Airbus as its really the best airbus availible for FS2k2 now, and has all of the FS2k2 goodies (VC, GMAX Model, opening doors, etc.) I like the DF734 because it's a classic. There's really no faults in it and it flies like a dream. The biggest differnce between the two is additional liveries. PSS requires you to pay for each additional livery (unless you get it from the Users Edit page on their website) while hundred's of DF734 repaints are availible for free. I've always been opposed to having to buy additional paints, so that's where the DF734 gets its edge over the 'bus IMHO. If you can, I'd recommend you get them both. :-)Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designerhttp://members.cox.net/santracon/images/san_logo.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 29.42 WHQL Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298

Like Ryan said above they are two different birds :)I myself like the DF 737 because you get everything for $30 and that also included over 200+ FREE liveries. Plus I am not really a Bus fan so I opt to use the Project Airbus 320 and use freeware panels. Since 99% of my flights are in the DF 737 anyway (that is until the Captsim 727 is out :DJohnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

As a bus fan it has to be the PSS A320!! However, you need a goodsystem to run it smoothly as the flightdeck is very detailed andit has one or two problems with Windows 98 but I love it and rarelyfly anything else!!rgdsRossNottingham, England :-wave

Hello Ross,You point out some problems in win 98. I have Win98 and do have a few problems with the A320 - mainly poor gauge update and somewhat jerky performance even with the gauge update turned down.Is this what you are refering to?Best Regards,Rob Young

Hi RobMy main problem is lockups and sudden crashes of my PC when using the PSS bus. The frame rates are reasonable considering the detail on the aircraft but usually on startup or taxy I often get the system locked up with the only way out a reboot of the pc, sometimes Flightsim just suddenly crashes to my desktop and occasionally the PC just completely crashes. Following correspondance on the PSS forum it seems that my problems with it are not uncommon amongst PSS Airbus users that use Windows 98 as their OS. I have not heard of anyone having problems with Windows XP and I am shortly upgrading to Windows XP Pro.Hope this helps.regardsRossNottingham,England :-wave