Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimThePilot

Intel promo?

Guest JimThePilot

Hello staff, all,I was a bit at odds about the wording of the front-page news about the new Intel processors. Given that it was just an Intel release statement I found the "break out your wallets" rather pre-emptive.Enthousiasm is great, but given that this is an expensive hobby already I'd hate to see people spend their money unwisely. First performance reviews I read about these processors were disappointing, sometimes even slower than the older-core processors at the same clockspeed; it may turn out that the true value of this Prescott core is in enabling higher speeds not yet available.I myself could do very much with a comparison review in flightsim performance between AMD(64!) and Intel - Personal experience when upgrading from an AMD 1.2GHz to an Intel 2.4 system was disappointing, but many other factors could have influenced that.My 2 cents!Vince