Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Painters Forum

Hi Tom & crewMany thanks to you all for superb forums...I have a request for one more! Would it be possible to have a Aircraft Painters forum. One of the largest contributors to the downloads section of avsim are aircraft repaints, in fact 70% of all downloads are aircraft repaints, yet repainters do not have a forum that budding repainters can come to for advice on using the various tools available and to learn about DXT3, Apha Channels, layering etc This is all terminology which applies to todays texturing of flightsim aircraft, but is probably not understood by the majoriity of would be repainters, myself included. It has been the devils own job trying to dig out suitable tutorials to follow for repainting, especially when one wishes to do things like dynamic shine to their repaints.I am not a graphics artist, but have taught myself the very basics of using programs like PSP5 (Paintshop Pro 5) & Photoshop. It has been a steep learning curve for this newbie and I still struggle with Layering and DXT3.I am sure that there a dozens of expert repainters out there who would love to share their knowledge of this very fulfilling pastime and help others.RegardsClive

Clive, thank you for the suggestion. You will find that the Paintshop is now open. Look in the MSFS forums section.