Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

GPS Input into FS2002

Does anyone know if there is some sort of utility that allows FS2002 to recieve GPS input (thru serial or usb port) and display it's location in the virtual world? Any info would be appreciated! Thx!-drew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I guess I don't understand what good that would do! Say you are at the AFB @ Charleston, SC (since your handle is C17SimGuy) and you attach a GPS to your computer, it provides the GPS location as AFB Charleston, SC to FS2002, and it moves you to that location. NOW WHAT! Unless you move with the GPS, it is going to stay at that location.When I was buying and modifying flight simulators for the U.S. Navy, we had a mandate to put GPS into the simulators. A young knowledgeable pilot asked why we didn't just buy a watch style GPS for each pilot. When we asked him, "which do you want us to do, move the flight simulator around the flight area real fast (jet aircraft) or move all the GPS Satellites while he was stationary in the flight simulator?", he understood!!Maybe I don't understand your question! If I didn't, please rephrase and try again.