Sign in to follow this  

How do I get a cargo repaint to go to the cargo termina

My problem is that if I download a cargo aircraft, it will go to the cargo terminal. However if I do a retexture of an airliner, the aircraft will still go to the passenger terminal. I can not find what to change in the aircraft.cfg file to designate the aircraft as cargo and not passenger.

Guest Joshieca

Thats because there is nothing you can change in the aircraft.cfg file to make it go to just a cargo slip. What you can do is play around with two programs. AFCAD and AITM (AI Traffic Mover). With AFCAD you can check to see what the radius size of the cargo parking space is at your airport. I have mine set to 33 meters and that works out well for me. Then using AITM you can change your cargo aircraft's radius size to 33 meters. They should now park in your cargo spots only.Some tips: Create a different aircraft folder for each of your cargo planes. For example. Lets say you have a 727 FedEx, but you also have a Braniff, Delta, and PanAm 727 in the same folder. If you use AITM to change the radius size of the FedEx to 33M then it will change every other aircraft in that same folder to the same size. Making your Braniff, Delta, PanAm, etc. all into cargo planes. So you simply create a copy of the 727 folder, call it like 727 cargo, and put just your 727 cargo planes in there, like DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc. In your other 727 folder keep your other commerical airlines. Now when you use AITM to change the radius size of the cargo jets, it will only effect those ones in your cargo only 727 folder and not the others.This works well. It doesn't matter what the size of the aircraft is....a small 737 to a large L1011 it all should be the same size if you want it go to the cargo spots.I forgot to say that in AITM you press F6 to bring up the aircraft editor, this will allow you edit your aircraft's radius size. :)Hope that helps.[div align=center][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day!

There is a tutorial addressing this very question at my web site. You might find it interesting.

Guest Joshieca

Thanks for the great FAQ Rich. :)

Joshieca,You are quite welcome. I have a fondness for flying the freight myself. Might have to do with the fact that I worked for UPS for nearly 20 years. It was a long time ago, and my time with them ended just as their Next Day Air service was really growing.Regards,

Some of us have put together a large matrix which covers most of the airlines in the world with specific Airline and Gate radius settings, including cargo. Using this method you can not only get cargo planes to go to correct area, but also just about any airline. You can also do things like set up an "international" terminal and all international flights will share gates at that terminal. Go check out the General Forum at PAI's website for more info.http://www.projectai.com/Also, there are couple of recent posts in the PAI Screenshot forum showing the system in action.Matt Fox