Sign in to follow this  
brucek

Whos Who in "FS World". (response to MS e-mail survey)

I replied to the MS e-mail survey, on the AVSIM front page (I live near Denver). After sending the e-mail, I thought I would post the details here too. If anyone esle who has replied wnats to add their abbreviated profile here (as e-mailed to MS), I thought we might be able to build a good thread here:Name: Bruce KnightAge: 51Home Phone: 303-447-9324E-Mail: brucek@qwest.netCity: Boulder, CO, 80302 (about 30 miles north-west of Denver)I have used MicroSoft Flight Simulator since FS 5.0, and have watched the product evolve with interest. Since then I have gone through 5 computers (and learnt to build them myself). I now have a private pilot's certificate and am currently in training for my instrument rating. I find FS 2002 excellent for simulating flight in IMC, although I can't log the time. I enjoy the very accurate scenery of this area, and I even have taken to flying a planned VFR cross-country route first in FS 2002, which gives me a good appreciation of the terrain and what to expect at the destination airport (if it's new to me). I find this helps me a lot with the actual flight.I am based at Jeffco (KBJC), an Class D airport in the Denver area. Some other pilots that I have flown with on long cross-countries have expressed their interest in purchasing FS2002, when they've seen the obvious advantage that pre-flying the route provides. I would be very happy to assist in any possible way in developing further this excellent platform. I am an active member of AVSIM (since it first started business), and prior to that at FSFORUM at CompuServe. I have installed many add-ons, and developed my own version of traffic.bgl (using an add-on by Lee Swordy) which includes real airline traffic, and enhanced simulation of local BJC traffic. My favorite "heavy" is still "Pilot in Command" (PIC). I sim every night, which I find very relaxing (I am a financial analyst at my day-job). On average, I would sim 20 hours a week.Bruce.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!