Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

LAT/LON format?

Hello all,Maybe this is a bit off topic but I really need to get this cleared up and this is the best forum to do so in the fastest time! :-)Ok, the format FS2002 displays your LAT/LON coordinates is as follows:N18 26.08W66 59.23But, in tools such as Terrabuilder, one needs to enter the coordinates as DD:MM:SSHow would I convert the coordinates above into the DD:MM:SS FORMAT? This is driving me nuts! Thanks in advance!Also, I once read a long time ago that one could add an entry into the FS2002.CFG file, which switched FS2002 into displaying a more complete LAT/LON and/or in DECIMALS... Anyone knows this hack?

Adding this line to the (MAIN) section of the fs2002.cfg file will display the position as dd:mm:ss DISPLAY_FRACTIONAL_MINUTES=0Trip

As I recall, there's a decimal to hh:mm:ss converter built right into TerraBuilder! I remember it being at the bottom of the screen. Check for it; it might save you some time!

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit