Sign in to follow this  
Guest repaid22

Observation about payware and freeware

Hi, I have found that a lot of these newer and some slightly older planes are being released with modelled 3D switches and knobs for the avionics in the VC. I think this will eventually pose a problem with intergration of various free and payware avionics such as RXP's Ya intergrate them, and knobs stick through. Not to mention if you wanted to install the whole, say, GNS 530 package, ya can.. but knobs and such where they dont belong kills the look of these awesome aircraft, and in some cases actually makes it diffucult to adjust the addon guage (if a modelled knob is in the way, or even sticking out of the display) I hope that in the future these devolopers that make these awesome planes will realize this and give us 2 models.. one with the knobs for those who dont want to modify the stack... and one W/O the knobs for those that preferr their own addons guages. This keeps up I most likely will not be purchasing any new guages, because they cannot be truly fitted into the new planes, or halfway fitted. And I smell a lot of new guages in the near future, being as how the guage sdk was released. The way I see it, if I were to compare a plane to a car. The statement in each usually is the "radio stack" and each owner does what they want with it. When I see pictures of airplanes, each has thier own style and setup. If I wanted to change the whole stack I should be able to, and not have switch, knobs, and bumps all over them. :( my 2 cents.. Blessings Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!