Sign in to follow this  

No AI at Atlanta; everywhere else is OK

This doesn't make much sense to me, but I cannot figure out how I lost all AI at Atlanta Hartsfield. Everywhere else is normal. I have PAI and other AI that I have added that show up fine everywhere else, but nothing loads for Atlanta except my A/C. Any thoughts or ideas on what might solve this appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I had the same problem. Its an issue with the FDE files that PAI includes in their packages. Go on over to their site and search the help forums for "disappearing aircraft" and there's some instructons on a file to download and how to install it. It basically involves moving these new FDE files to each respective aircraft folder and changing the sim= line in the aircraft.cfg to use the new air files.Took care of the problem for me, and now I see all the aircraft that were causing an unexplained drop in my FPS.

Are you getting Delta at any other airport? I would download the updated aero files from Project AI, Unofficial Downloads, Utilities section - paiFDE_v2.zip, there are also some lights fixes you can download, as well. The problem will be that you will have to copy all the &l;flightsim.x&r; sections over to the new aircraft.cfg file for those already installed.Since most of the flights at KATL are Delta, check you PAI aircraft listings for PAI 722, 733, 738, 752, 762, 763, 764, 772, MD-11, MD-80 aircraft.cfg file for proper &l;flightsim.x&r; sections with .x running consecutively from .0 to .number. In most cases, the &l;flightsim.x&r; sections are at the bottom of the file.

Thanks guys,I will try the suggestions. If I can get the PAI to show up for Atlanta, it will be OK. I can get Delta to show up at other airports. But what I still don't understand, is that the AI which I installed in addition to PAI which shows up elsewhere as well, will not show up at Atlanta either...