Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

Download Categories

Guest davidvoogd

I would just like to see if Avsim could more strongly encourage authors to upload their addons to the proper category. I find it very frustrating to find repaints in the original aircraft category, and full models in the repaint category. It makes finding what you are looking for a total pain. I realize this comes down to the authors and not the library managers (unless they had 12 free hours a day they wanted to spend on sorting lol!).For example if I search for Dash 8 in FS2004 Original Aircraft it finds 13 files. Out of these 13 files 7 are repaints. (though some maybe have been uploaded with the whole model as well, but they are duplications of a model already there).Just my two cents :(

Guest davidvoogd

Just an addition, thanks AVSIM for having a reasonable amount of categories and not overdoing it like some other file libraries. This way it's organized, and still easy to figure out where something should be.

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Fly 2 has the same problem. Actually there IS no category for Fly 2 repaints, I never got a responce to previous e-mails about THAT issue. But a lot of fixes are in the "Aircraft" category NOT patches and it's confusing figuring out which files are the latest version or if subsequent versions incorporate previous ones. I downloaded and installed Default Aircraft fix V1 then V2 then threw 1 away cuz I didn't need it. What if you download a repaint for a plane you don't have and is a discontinued PAYWARE product? What if you download an aplane and don't like it cuz it doesn't have a cockpit true to type? How much bandwidth is wasted like this? Appealing to the bean counters might get some action going.Appreciate your efforts but it could be better:-wave