Sign in to follow this  
Guest HeavyFan

Incorrect lights on most 747s in FS...

I have always wondered why no one adds the lights on the horizontal stabilizers of the 747. I have always seen two little lights on the very tips of these control surfaces when I watch 747s takeoff and land. Does anyone know why designers don't add these lights to their FS models??? From PSS to Microsoft, everyone adds the one unrealistic tail light that sits on the very tip of the tail. I have never seen a 747 with this one light on the tail, but they do have the two lights I mentioned above.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I don't know why don't you design one for us all to use?

Guest HeavyFan

Hey There! Yeah the Lights on the tip of the Tail Fin is definately wrong!! And the light's you are talking about on the Stabilizers were moslty on the Older Model 747-100/200 models!! Since there are a lot of the Newer 747-400 that FS Desiginers are making, the newer models 747-400 that i have seen up close here at HNL Intl, don't have those NAv lights on the Stabilizers, but on the Tail cone area by the APU Exhaust is where the NAV And Strobe light's are on the newer 747-400's! So I Hope this helps you out on why some designers don't put the light's you are talking about on! Maybe when someone makes an Older Model 747-100/200 in G-max, then i can add those lights you are talking about on, since it is simple to do! MIKE

Thanks Mike for the reply. I just know I've seen these lights on the 747s I've seen in real life and never in any FS model (100/200s or 400). I didn't know the 400s didn't have them, I thought they did...The lights really look kind of cool...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest HeavyFan

Hey No problem, Glad i gave you some usefull info on those Light's! AS at my Home Airport of PHNL Intl, on Oahu, We get Classic 747-100/200's and i see a few not all of them have those Stabilizer light's, but on all the 400 model i see they don't have these anymore, maybe it depends on Airline's and the options they choose! But when a G-Max 747-100/200 comes out, I know POSKY is trying to do all the Model 747's in G-max soon, so i will definately add those lights to them if there is space for them! hehe Happy simming dude! MIKE-:)