Sign in to follow this  
Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Not Sure IF FSW SKY WORLD is working????

Guest United

I am using FS2002 under windows XP and FSUIPC 2.92. Cloud.ini is as follows: [AutoRefresh]RefreshCloud=onWaitTimeAfterClear=20IncTime=15DecTime=15I start Sky World SE FIRST, chosing anyhwere between 20 sec and 1 minute, but lets say "0.2min". I right click on "Auto" and choose ORDER in the pop-up window and press OK. I LEFT click on "Inst&RunFS" and FS2002 starts up, I get to the "Creat A Flight" screen. Sky World makes it's cool little echo sound once. I check SKY World. SKY World has turned itself OFF (I no longer have my 0.2 min. choice). This happens each and every time I press the "Inst&Run FS" button, SKY World turns the auto function OFF, why I don't know. For testing purposes I set clouds to 3/8 scattered via FS2002, not by external weather generation. I slew to the level of the clouds to observe.I re-choose my time interval, say 20 sec, but as much as 1 and 2 minutes. I right click on "Inst&RunFS" and start up Sky World again. I observe the clouds after each sound interval. There are NO changes, either when I observe from a stationary point, or I slew OR Fly forward and observe clouds as they fade in and out. The sound occurs, the clouds fade but THE CLOUD SET NEVER changes, they simply fade out and back to the very same cloud set. What am I doing wrong????? (PS - the cloud bitmaps are fantastic, I really want this program to work)Randy Jura, KPDX

Hi, If you are using WideServer.dll , this stop the auto install.Don't select below 1 min, this will be hard to see the new cloud set,Sometime they will change and other time not, just fly and you will see some change in the cloud, it's like the previous version but we have added the refresh clouds." I get to the "Creat A Flight" screen"You can disable your Create A Flight screen in the general option "show startup screen"You can install clouds set before fs2002 is started, by selecting your set and press install button.cumulusT-stormHM level.If you have using the previous vesion, all is the same only some added feature.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest United

So I have disabled it for now. Auto Install now works perfectly!! I do hope, however, that you and Mr.Dawson find a way for Auto Install to work properly WITH wideserver/client as many of us like to use it also. Thank you for your very fast response!!Randy Jura, KPDX

Guest jase439

Hi Randy,Chris and I were discussing this very issue last night (see the thread: FS Sky World SE Randomizer - Help Wanted for details). When WideServer.DLL is loaded, it causes some kind of conflict with FS Sky World and the Auto Install timer is clobbered.You can either rename WideServer.DLL to WideServer.bak (and lose WideFS capability), or you will have to forgo using the Auto Install feature for now.Chris is looking into it. Like you, I live and die by WideFS ;-)J

Guest United

for now, but would rather have it back eventually. I only use ACRad with it, so I can forego, I would rather give SkyWorld a good go and test and see what it's like!!!

Guest LSangiovanni LIML

Yes, it's true. WideServer 5.01 here too!Once FS2002 loaded the counter stops but...leave FS2002 and in FSW panel right click on Inst & Run FS, click on activate and... at that point timer come to life again and after 0.5 min.(test pourpose time) a new random set of textures will be copied on HD (see HD activity light).Maybe i'm wrong but i think WideServer 5.01 users like me can live with this trick waiting for Pete doing some more technical adjustements.Thank you Chris and thank you Pete for your shining work!Let me know how this works on your systems.cheersLuigi ;-)