Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

FSW - HUGE frame rate hit !!!

Chris,Don't know what happened with my previous thread, seems all the replies have been deleted !Anyhow I did what you told me to do and downloaded the FPS friendly .exe. Much to my regret, the FPS remain locked at 1 FPS ! I have a P4 2Mhz with 768 MBRAM ! Don't know why it locks up that way :(--->>> Chris, I started out at EBOS with FSmeteo (heavy storm strong gutsy wind) = FPS =1, I then moved to WSSS (rain - wind 14kts) = and got FPS 14 !!! I went back to Europe, this time EGLL and fell back to FPS 1 !!! Has it something to do with the storm cloud layer which needs to be readjusted manually in FS2002 ??Smalco

Hi, I don't know whats happend but such as low frame rate is too much. All clouds have been tested and all flyable on low mid and high system.You can download this alernative clouds pack for the best frame rate available , even better frame rate then the default fs 2002 or anything available.Now with this pack, you will have better frame rate, and all others clouds are the same as default.Fs Sky WorldSE Alternative Clouds Packlrccbse.ziphttp://ftp.avsim.com/library/whatsnew.php?...&CurrentPage=12ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, You can block the clouds height in FSUIPC, in the clouds sectionlike for cumulus 6000 feet and thunderstorm 10 000 feet , this help for frame rate, this was create to reduce the frame rate in fs2000 specialy.Your problem have to do more with scenery and mesh.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris,Thanks ... I tweaked FSUIPC and everything works ok now. Got FPS around 12 late today while flying over stormy UK & France. Smalco

Guest Lobaeux4

Are you using two monitors?Lobaeux