Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

load up is sticking on splash screen

I have 1.75 GB of aircraft on the hard drive. How can i relieve some space on the H.D. without Losing most of my planes . Can i put them on a disk and load them when i start the sim? Also the screen seems to slow to laod up at the splash screen, Is that becuase i only have 300 Mb left on the H.D ., Or do i Need to give the hard drive plenty more room? I just dont want to lose what i have. The total space the fs2002 folder is at now, Including everything is 2.60 G.B , With the total space on the H.D is 6.00 G.b. Please help me save my aircraft and my hard drive.... Jeff Akins:-(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

heehee... maybe it's time for a cleanout? FS2002 installations do balloon, don't they! Can I make a teeny suggestion? It involves shelling a little money out, but it might be worth purchasing an extra Hard Drive. You could get a small one for very little money... maybe even as low as

This won't save space on your hard drive, but it will help your game load faster. There is a neat little utility called "ACMan", you can get it here http://www.mnwright.btinternet.co.uk/index.htm it works very simple and quick and lets you create hangers (folders) for all your aircraft and with one click you can swap from folder to folder in a second, that way you only have the default and what aircraft you want in the aircraft folder. A full install of FS is around 2 gigs, my FS folder is 7.1 gigs, but since I have only the default and 10 others loaded, it takes no time to load up. I use it for CFS2 and FS2002, works great! Hope this helps!Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif