Sign in to follow this  
ulisses

best detonator driver for FS2002...

Hello,Which detonator driver do you recommend to use with FS2002 ?I'm running a GF4ti4200 128mb, winXP, Athlon 2000+I heard something you neeed to keep anti-alias OFF inside FS to use lastest detonators, is it true ?Thanks,Ulisses

Guest flightpro08

I think I've tried about every det driver there is, and I keep finding myself coming back to the 30.30's. While they're by no means the newest drivers, they run the best on my rig. Every system will vary, but I recommend you start with the 29.42's and work your way up to find which ones work best for you.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Thanks for the info, I'll try it...A question:If you have a good video board, lot of memory, fast processor, etc...what can cause stutters ?Is it better to use unlimited or around 25fps ?Anti-alias ???Thanks,Ulisses

Guest flightpro08

Many things can cause stutters. These include programs running in the background, system tweaks, and various other things. Though, the biggest cause of stutters is FS2k2 itself. Even some of the fastest computers out on the market can be brough to their knees using very advanced scenery and detailed aircraft/panels. As for locking your fram rates. Many people lock their FPS at 25, as technically speaking the human eye isn't suppose to noticed a difference with anything above that. Recently, I tried locking my frame rates at 25, but was by no means pleased, as in many situations, I can get more than 25 FPS. So, I typically set my frame rate cap to "unlimited."Anti-alias (a.k.a FSAA) is by far one of the biggest frame rate killers. It sharpens up the edges of textures, and makes things overall look more crisp. I personally like 4xS FSAA, and use this to run FS2k2. While it's a huge frame rate hit, the visual quality boost is worth it IMHO.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Hi.You did not mention disk space, but assuming that you have some to spare, i suggest you do the following:Install a second version of your opsys.(That is if you have XP or 2000.)Create (if you do not have it already) one or more extra partitions on your harrdisk. Put in the opsys CD and chose new install, then choose to install on one of the free partitions.When this is done you will have a dual boot system.Now boot up first your original system.Then run REGEDIT , and locate under Local machine Software the entry for FS2002. Export it to a file ex.: fs2k.regNow boot up your new windows system, and locate the fs2k.reg file.Double click on it and it will be added to the registry , and FS2002 is ready to run.Now you have a clean system with no extras running, which is good for FS2002.Now you can experiment with drivers as much as you like.Personally i am running one of my systems on the latest 41.03, and the new directx 8,2 with no problems whatsoever. Also you are right about letting the card do the antialiasing.I also found that running with a resolution of 1600x1200 is a very good choice because then you can use the Quinqunx antaliasing and 2 times aniosopic filtering and still enjoy nice sharp images, whithout stressing the card too much.I have a TI 4400 card, and FS2002 does not allow me to specify 1600x1200 on the menu, so i have to do this in the FS2002.cfg file AFTER all other settings are in place.Norvald Olsvold

Thanks guys for the info...I see many posts here asking about tweaking FS2002 and I could be quiet.I found FS2002 to look a lot better with anti-alias, now I'm running in 1280x1024x32 quinqunx antialias, texture sharpening on and I'm getting a nice result, mainly if I turn off multi-texture and use the AutoGen at normal or dense....I found that autogen is a big frame-rate killer, more than scenery complexity.How do you use win virtual memory ?Thanks again,Ulisses

Ryan,Do you know if AGP aperture size can help in any way ?Thanks,Ulisses