Sign in to follow this  

Loss of ATC and Flying Lessons voice sounds

I have recently lost sound in ATC and flying lessons.All other sound,planes etc is OK.A fresh install of 2002 does not take away this problem. Would appreciate some help. Thanks. Pete

Guest R5D4

I had a similar problem - cured by lowering texture size settings - I suspect there was some sort of contention on resource allocation between graphics & sound.HTH

Thanks for response. Tried your suggestion and lowered texture - but no luck. Pete

Check to see if your Audio CODECS are missing. You need:Microsoft IMA ADPCM CODECMicrosoft ADPCM CODECMicrosoft PCM ConverterFor Win98/ME, press Start, Settings, Control Panel, Multimedia, Devices Tab, Audio Compression Codecs. To reinstall:Press Start, Settings, Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Windows Setup, Multimedia, Details, select Audio Compression (make any other selection you desire), OK, and follow the instructions. You may need your Win98/ME CD.For WinXP, press Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, Hardware Tab, Audio Codecs, Properties, Properties Tab. To reinstall, place your WinXP CD into your CD Drive and conduct a Restore/Reinstallation.

Thank you very much for input. W. Sieffert. Your information led to a cure.Somehow the PCM Codec was in the disbled position. Thanks again.Pete