Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

Avsim.com Complete or not?

As with any community oriented site like avsim.com it is never really completed as it is constantly being added to and evolving. The sense of completion that I am taking about is the competition of sections and services.I recently faced the fact that I need more training in aviation weather. I do not have the finances for taking lessons or going to a school for a class room environment, so I turned to the web. I used the search criteria of

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thank you for your comments.All of the content contained on Avsim as you probably know is generated by either the volunteer staff, of articles submitted by the readers. The articles you are refering to about weather were written by a long time contributer to Avsim Chuck Bordeaux. Chuck has since left Avsim on health matters, which is the reasons why the weather articles have not been updated.Where as this content exists, the main problem lies in the fact that where one individual might have significant knoweledge of a particular subject, other staff members may not. As you can imagine, it would be near on impossible for us to keep all the information stored on the servers up to date. Articles that have been written are not deleted, but as you have found are archived for the likes of yourself to reference.I hope this offers some explanation to your questions.http://www.avsim.com/pages/0100/avsim_sig.jpg