Sign in to follow this  

Nortons System Works 2003 - Bummer

I tried for two days to install Norton's System Works 2003 on my XPHOME system. N2002 worked great.Clean Sweep kept freezing up on install.I can't install a single component without being asked for that specific Disk.Norton's wants to charge for Phone support.Anybody else having problems?Way off subject but needed to vent.If none of you nice people do not reply to this post I understand.Thanks.Jim Alcorn

Hi Jim,I too have Norton SystemWorks 2002 on my XP Home setup and, as you said, it performs flawlessly.All I can suggest is that you try reinstalling N SW 2002 and then uninstall it fully before attempting a reinstallation of 2003.It may be you might first have to clear out references to all things Norton in the registry. Can I suggest you use a wee proggie called 'EasyCleaner' ver1.7f by ToniArts - you should be able to locate it with Google. The beauty of this neat little utility is that it creates backups of any groups of deletions made in an 'undo' folder. Restoration of any deleted registry entries, therefore, is just a double click away. I use it all the time and it does seem to be compatible with XP. However, manual searches and deletions are still a good idea in case anything gets missed.Sorry if I'm 'teaching my granny to suck eggs' (LOL) but it should go without saying that all background tasks should be halted prior to installation. 'EndItAll' (ver 2) does a good job there.Mike :-wave

Just upgraded to 2003, no problems. I agree, probably something went wrong with the uninstall/install.