Sign in to follow this  
cat

FS Meteo cloud transition

I've been trying to find an answer in previous FSMeteo related posts, but no luck. My problem is this: FSMeteo never changes clouds gradually, it always goes immediately from say overcast to clear. Reading other posts, it sound like it should gradually go from overcast, to broken, to scattered to clear. Is there a setting that will alow me to do that? Thanks in advance!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have asked the same question. I have made setting changes, specifically setting the "Cloud Transition Rate" to the max, which I believe is 800. I've played with different metar update times as well. Mine still flash from overcast to broken to scattered etc. People do make it sound as though the transitions are gradual, but I've yet to see it. :-roll Clearly they know something we don't. When I first purchased FSMeteo, I assumed, obviously incorrectly, that the cloud transitions would be smooth, and that you would fly into distant clouds. Weather changes would be gradual. However, as someone else posted in the past...FSMeteo "does what it claims it will do". A true statement. I'll have to be a more discriminating reader in the future. I do really like the program for many of its other features, and don't regret purchasing it, but as far as cloud transitions go, I don't see it as being much better than any of the freeware programs or, for that matter, MSFS's built in weather d/l system. Maybe Peter D. can do someting with this in a later version of FSUIPC or Marc will come up an update. Maybe it's something that can't be done because of the way MSFS is coded. Though you can see clouds appear and disappear close in front of you as you fly. Why can't they gradually appear in the distance? Anyway, who knows...I'm ranting!If you discover some amazing fix, be sure to post it here!Cheers, Adam

Nope, I see the same thing as well, While I wouldn't say the transition happens in a blink of an eye, I by no means see a gradual tranisition between weather updates. I'm fairly certain this is a limitation of FS2k2, and yet another reason why M$ needs to shape up and drastically improve the weather system in FS2k4.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com|Taxiwaysigns.com] Scenery Designer-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 30.30 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click [link:ftp.avsim.com/library/esearch.php?DLID=&Name=&FileName=&Author=Ryan+Fretwell&CatID=Root]Here to Download my New American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

I think it's a FS2002 limitation.Here's hoping for FS2004.Peter Sydney Australia