Sign in to follow this  
01pewterz28

Ariane 737

Would to have some info about this aircraft . Is it a freeware or payware FS plane ? It looks very beautiful and realistic .Thanks

I'll give you as straight and honest an opinion as you'll get. Having purchased one livery, the UA 737, I find Ariane a company that is slow to deliver promises, but really dishes up excuses. The 737 is beautiful and realistic (except for the lights on the flap pylons which cannot be retracted in cruise, unlike a real 737). But it is priced for a market that just doesn't exist. Whereas other developers price slightly higher, but offer free creation and distribution of repaints, Ariane makes repaints a virtual monopoly and cash cow. Even at the proposed new pricing, five or six repaints would cost $50-60...more than the sim itself. It simply isn't worth it, and I feel it follows a pattern that historically has been a very poor business model in the simming community. If repaints are for sale, they should be at most $5.00. Money doesn't grow on trees....But the other issue is that of constantly missed dates and missed deliverables. One livery a day was promised (the phrase "day to day" was used, so they could probably skirt this issue) as one example. People are restricted from distributing repaints, yet buyers are forced to wait until Ariane "gets around" to doing them, and then have to pay a steep penalty.Do I regret the money spent? Several weeks ago, I didn't think so. But that was before I realized how restrictive the repaint policy was. Now I feel it's money wasted, especially in light of the recent glut of outstanding freeware releases like the Meljet 747 and the MU-2. As they say, "looks" can only take things so far.... My advice--wait for a freeware 737 that offers the same features. With all the discussion on wing views, I believe there's a fair number of freeware developers that will include them and come up with something better. AFG makes a great 737-700. Should they add wing views to that, it would be almost everything the Ariane bird is, and more. The freeware community would love nothing better than to beat Ariane at this game. And I'm certainly not saying Ariane is the only firm which has this type of distribution model. But I do believe that the distribution model will only create ill will in a community which is not able to handle grossly inflated prices vs. what's promised or delivered. Another recommendation:These two products--Flight1's 421C and Dreamfleet's Cardinal. The Cardinal is about as complete an aircraft as you'll ever find. Same goes for Flight1's aircraft. With the 421C, you can cruise in the flight levels with a 90kt tailwind, and get there nearly as fast as a 737 :)

Guest flightpro08

I really appreciate your reply . You gave your sincere opinion . AFG 737 are really nice , concerning design , flight model is another thing that I won't talk about .I was interested at the Ariane because the 737 is my favorite plane .I had the privilege to fly a 737-300/400/500 on a FFS , and it's definitely for me a nice aircraft .I have the DF 737 and can say that it's a wonderful package . The flight model is very realistic , many livreries available ( for free ) and a nice and complete panel .I'm waiting for the 737-700 Wilco , but feel like I'll be a little disappointed with the 3D cockpit .Indeed I have a 15' flat monitor , and can not go up to 1024*768 .Anyway I love FS , and feel happy whenever I get a new add-on .Best regards

I own the Gmax UA 737 and I plan to purchase the UA pack (Ariane said $47 for 5 UA liveries).I can say the are slow in delivery of the aircraft but they are by far the best and most realistic looking 737-300 and 737-400's.Since I only fly United planes in FS other liveries do not matter to me. The repaint policy is ok I understand that they are wanting to make money on liveries but they should have released a minimum of 20 liveries in both US and European first. It really does not matter people will offer re-paints for free on the "Black market" I cannot tell you how many times I have been emailed asking for the United livery and this is from people who are on the forums here daily (No I never sent the plane or files to anyone).The only downfall of the Ariane 737 are the prices IMHO they should be priced at $15 for a base plane w/ 1 livery and $8 per livery texture IMHO that is fair.Oh well back to flying the 737 Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.