Sign in to follow this  

strange effect on Panel

Guest Mike20

Hi all I wonder if any one could help me with this one every time I access the menu bar with the alt key from inside ms2002 the aircrafts panel I am flying goes in to a strange colour congigeration, its like orange and purple squares and if I click the mouse on it or use the keyboard it will temporaly go back to the correct colour but only for a second it has only just started doing this and it only effects the panel nothing else,anyone out there have any idea what could be causing this thanks for any help at all kind regards to all Michael

Guest jaapverduijn

Either change from 16 bit color to 32 bit, or disable anti-aliasing. Jaap Verduijn.

>Either change from 16 bit color to 32 bit, or disable >anti-aliasing. >>Jaap Verduijn. Yes -- I have had this 'problem" since changing to the latest Nvidia video drivers about 6 months ago. Changing to 32 bit fixes it -- but you can also get around it by emiminating the TEXT that appears on the screen , like the "BRAKES" , "VIRTUAL COCKPIT", "SPOT VIEW" messages.Barry

but you can also get around it by emiminating the TEXT that appears on the screen , like the "BRAKES" , "VIRTUAL COCKPIT", "SPOT VIEW" messagesWhat? I'm not sure what you are talking about...I know 32 bit mode works, but are you saying running in 16-bit mode you don't have this effect by eliminating the text? I still get it when there is no text in the regular 2D cockpit?Maybe I'm missing your point?

Guest Mike20

>>Either change from 16 bit color to 32 bit, or disable >>anti-aliasing. >>>>Jaap Verduijn. >>Yes -- I have had this 'problem" since changing to the >latest Nvidia video drivers about 6 months ago. Changing to >32 bit fixes it -- but you can also get around it by >emiminating the TEXT that appears on the screen , like the >"BRAKES" , "VIRTUAL COCKPIT", "SPOT VIEW" messages. >>Barry Hi Barry thanks for the tip just one thing how do you eliminate the on screen text also if I change to 32 bit text will this slow down FS2002, or if I stay in 16 bit and eliminate the text will this work for me many thanks and regards from Mike

>Hi Barry thanks for the tip just one thing how do you >eliminate the on screen text also if I change to 32 bit text >will this slow down FS2002, or if I stay in 16 bit and >eliminate the text will this work for me many thanks and >regards from Mike This topic has been discussed before here - but , as I remember the way it went , is this .This discolouring happens in the 2D screen when about 4 conditions exist ( for an unknown reason) .These are operating in 16 bit mode, with on screen text , and 2 others which I can't remember but are anyway a bit difficult to correct.So- if you operate in 32 bit , the discolouration will dissappear - but with a small loss of framerates.The second way is to operate in 16 bit -- but eliminate the onscreen text messages such as "Brakes" , "Virtual Cockpit" , Spot View", etc. There are ways eliminate these -- but once again , I can't remember how. I chose to simply operate in 32 bit mode as I wanted the onscreen text -- so that I can see what multiplication window view I have.This discoloration is most evident when you are in full screen mode , 2d screen -- you go to an outside view like "Spot View" and then go back to 2d screen , the screen will have text in the top right corner and colour discoloration on the panel ..Barry

>but you can also get around it by emiminating the TEXT >that appears on the screen , like the "BRAKES" , "VIRTUAL >COCKPIT", "SPOT VIEW" messages >>What? I'm not sure what you are talking about... >>I know 32 bit mode works, but are you saying running in >16-bit mode you don't have this effect by eliminating the >text? I still get it when there is no text in the regular >2D cockpit? >>Maybe I'm missing your point? The only way I have experienced this problem - and the only way I have heard of it being discussed in this forum -- is this .When you are in 16 bit , full screen mode -- if you then go to an outside view and back to the 2d inside view, - for a short time , there will be a text message in the top right corner . When this appears , the panel will discolour . While the text remains , if you click on the panel, the colour discoloration will go away but come back again and will continue to do so as long as the text remains. Once the text has gone, clicking on the panel will remove the discoloration until next time.Barry

Guest jaapverduijn

That's correct, Barry: it's the red text that triggers the effect.Jaap Verduijn.

That's correct, Barry: it's the red text that triggers the effect.hummm... funny I had the problem regardless of text or not text. Seems to me the easy solution is 32 bit mode.