Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

CTRL + W command

Hi all,Just recently I lost the ability to see all but default aircraft in spot view using ctrl + w. Most of my AI works as advertised, and I see them at various airports taking off and landing, but not with the ctrl + w keystrokes anymore. Not that it's a big deal, but was wondering if anyone else had this problem and what the remedy is?Thanks,Mike

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Don't know about CTRL+W, but CTRL+SHIFT+W is used by default in FSUIPC to "Clear All Weather". Perhaps that is your problem also? Barring that, I suggest you go into your Keyboard Assignments and choose Restore Defaults and then restart the sim.Cheers,J

I'm not trying to "clear the weather".If you are running 2k2 pro, hit the keys Ctrl+W and a spot view of default AI aircraft appear either on the ground or in the air.What I have lost is ALL but the default aircraft that should appear in this window. In other words, I don't see my third party AI aircraft any more.

Sorry. I misunderstood. I thought you meant the CTRL+W key was not working. I was saying FSUIPC will "trap" certain hotkeys and thought maybe this is what you're seeing.So your Chase View does appear, but you can't physically see the aircraft? Can you see your AI in other views like cockpit and spot view? Is it just 3rd party AI or all AI (do you see the default MS AI?) Have you tried turning on aircraft labels? There's a tool called AI View which will allow you to inspect all your AI aircraft, track their flight plans, "chase" them...etc...all from inside Flight Simulator. That would be a good thing to try next.