Sign in to follow this  
Guest RiddlePilot

Eagle vs Eagle Flight

I know that the call sign Eagle Flight is used by American Airlines American Eagle planes.So I was wondering if any knows who uses the call sign "Eagle"? I hear this a lot when traveling through the east coast of USA. Do the east coast controllers call American Eagle flights just "Eagle"?[br][br][div align=center][br][link:members.cox.net/fstimes/wetimage.html]Click Here For Weather Image of the Day

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good Question...FAA doesn't show anybody with Eagle, Though I know their site doesn't have all.They have:Eagle European = Eagle European Airways - UKEagle Express = Metro Express - USA, TexasEagle Flight = American Eagle - USA, TexasEagle Jet = Eagle Jet Charter - USA, NevadaEagle Air = Eagle Air, Ltd - IcelandEagle Med = Ballard Aviation, Inc - USA, Kansas:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/images/675-2fs.jpg

People abbreviate callsigns all the time. "Eagle Flight" turns into "Eagle", "Spirit Wings" turns into "Spirit", "Washington Center" gets turned into "Wash Center" etc. Not proper procedure, but that is the nature of slang.

Thanks Kevin,That's what I am thinking also. I think that places like JFK/BOSTON just get so busy that its easier for them to say Eagle than Eagle Flight.TKS :)

Jacksonville Center is known to do this too. Many many times I've flown in their airspace, its "JAX Center".