Sign in to follow this  

FS2k2 Newbie Questions

Hello,I've just bought FS2k2 and have to admit, to be a little bit disapointed.When starting, I find my plane at the end of the runway with running engines!? Why shall I call ground for taxiing????By the way, the sounds of the Skyhawk, the King Air and the 747 sounds more like cheap computer games from the 80th than planes.Why I want to tune the radio or the engine panel, I have to open separate windwos, that occupy half of my screen.The 747 and the King Air don't have any overhead panels for engines, pumps, electrics, etc. So how do I start these engines without using CTRL+E??So, here are my questions:1. How do I set up Fs2k2 to start at a parking position with the plane shut down?2. Are there any realistic sound available? I only find turboprops here at avsim.3. Are there any panels available with nearly all panes visible?I think, all my demandings are possible in FS2k2, but I did not find any solution by now. Tahnks in Advance!!Carsten

I have to encourage you to read the manual. Question #1, as an example, can be answered by simply reading the information Microsoft has already provided.I hardly find the sound like that of an 80's computer game, although I've not been as big of a fan of the default prop sound. Your best bet for sounds, aside from the library here, is using the search engine at google.com. Just use the keywords "Fs2002 Sounds"As for panels, I'm sure there are some. But it'd hardly be realistic, as the instruments would be so small, as to be unreadable. Many panel designers include toggle buttons, that pull up the overhead panels and make them disappear as needed. Again, I advise you to use google as a resource. I've found tons of freeware that way, usually via the author's home pages.-John

Guest sunstriker

CarstonHi and welcome to your second home.You dont know it yet but you are about to become addicted lolThis passtime can be very absorbing BUT you will find many fabulous freeware aircraft, sceneries, sound packs, AI, adventures et al and guess what, some of the best are right here at Avsim!Check out this months top downloads; give em a go you wont be disappointed...PSS aircus is just 1 example of an exceptional payware aircraft, so thats another option.Good luckSun

If you set up a flight with the engines shut down, and start on the parking ramp or at the gate, it makes more sense to contact ground first. Most planes don't teleport to the runway so it's kind of unrealistic anyway. :-lolI think the 747 has an overhead panel. At least I've been able to start it manually. Don't fly it much. Go read that manual.Did you play games during the 80s? If so you would know that the sounds in FS2002 are MUCH better than those of a PC speaker or Commodore SID chip.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Hi Carsten - First of all to let you know that I do not use ANY of the FS2K2 default planes, panels or Sounds - Just because you can download excellent files... Let me try to answer your questions..When you start FS2K2 and you pick an airport to start from - down in the bottom left should ask you where you want to start? Active, Gate small, gate large etc - Change this to start you at a gate position. Also kill your engines (ctrl+Shift+F1) Then Save the flight as default - Next time you start FS2k2 you will start at the gate with engines off.Sounds are all over the net to replace the defaults - Also Most FS2000 sounds will work with FS2K2 so you may want to search that area of Avsim as well.As far as panels - I use very moderate panels - Just because a very detailed panel seems to kill my framerates and system and I run aP3 1.2ghz with 384ram.Also if you get into it - AI modification is a MUST - You need TTools, AFCAD, Find AI Friendly aircraft, download flightplans. Hope this helps.