Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

FS2002 Preloaded aircraft

Does anyone know if you can safely delete the standard aircraft that come with 2002 PRO. I do not use any AI aircraft, only specialized aircraft that I have downloaded. Just loooking to clean things up a bitThanks

Guest outtatimeiii

I dont think you can just remove the stock aircraft with FS2002 pro very easily since the AI relies on it. It MIGHT work if you do some TrafficTools work and alias some other planes in place of the default ones. If you don't do this (I dont know if it will work if you did edit the traffic.bgl) you wont get any AI flying or you might make the game crash altogether.

The aircraft that are part of the program install must remain in your FS2K2 aircraft folder, or your add-on aircraft will not work. This is not simply an AI issue. The add-on aircraft are based on the flight models provided by the default aircraft, and you will find that if you remove the default aircraft, your 'specialized aircraft will not work at all.Rick

You can safely remove your default aircraft if:1) no panel.cfg or sound.cfg of any other aircraft aliases to the sounds and panels of the default aircraft; and2) you are not using the aircraft for AI.If you remove the aircraft and some of your addons use the default aircraft's saounds and panels, you might have a problem. What I did is I deleted the model and texture folders as well as the aircraft.cfgs and airfiles of the default aircraft I don't use, but kept the sound and panel folders where they were. Keep in mind also that your third party AI aircraft probably use default sounds (though I'm not 100% sure whether AI actually use sounds from their sound folder or some othere set of sounds).Keep in mind also that if you determine that you don't need some of the default panels and later you run a program like wipe gauges to clean up your gauges folder, you may run into problems later on when you try to install an add on panel that requires some of the default gauges. Gauge removal programs usually check whether the installed gauges are referred to in any panel.cfg and delete all gauges that aren't. If you've removed the default panels, chances are the gauge cleaner will remove the default gauges as well and some add on panels installed after the gauge cleaning will not display properly. Either way, you can always unzip the default aircraft and gauges again from the installation CDs without having to do a new reinstall.Misha