Sign in to follow this  
Guest outtatimeiii

FREE copy of FS4.0

I use windows 98, it runs fine.Always save my old computers, they work great for this stuff.

Guest guyjr

Here are some classic excerpts from the included Readme.doc:[ul][li]SubLOGIC "Instant Facilities Locator" for Flight Simulator v3.0 can be used with Flight Simulator v4.0 if you have a hard disk system.[li]In Multi-Player, a baud rate of 57600 is supported, but is not recommended.[li]Some advanced features and multiple windows may not be available on 384K machines, depending on how the machine allocates video memory. Use of the Logbook and Flight Instruction may be limited when using 384K.[/ul]And, it looks like we've figured out why ILS is so screwy in FS2K2...[ul][li]The NAV 1 Lock option of the AUTOPILOT does not track the radial as well as expected; it's accuracy depends on the scenery area you are flying in, and will be improved in the next version of Flight Simulator.[/ul]

:-rotor :-rotor :-rotor :-rotor

Guest SlimDady

OMG i love fs4.. Used to play that thing for hours.. try landing on the carrier

I still have FS 4.0 lurking on my hard drive, along with the original box and ASD upgrade. ATP is installed too. I can't bring myself to delete them....I've had FS-4 installed on all my PC's since '90. Before that, I had FS-3 on my Atari ST, and going further back, FS-2 on my C-64 back in '84...Pity there were no discussion forums then like there are now. I figured a way to make the Piper in FS-II do approx. 200kts by tweaking the flaps setting in the config page... That was a bit of fun. On the Atari, the Lear ran about 30-40 pct. faster than it was supposed to. I wrote a hook into the Atari's O/S that slowed the system clock, which in turn brought the Lear to specs. Of course, roll, pitch and yaw response slowed as well :)

Guest outtatimeiii

Wow cool. I was never too familar with the early FS's so this is always a fun experience playing with a sim from 1990. It works fine with my 1.2GHz machine (unlike FS3). I tried putting it on my old IBM XT with 4.77MHz and has a CGA (yeah you know, that early card that could only do black and white at high res and 4 or so colors at low res, and 16 colors in text) card, but it refused to even run. Perhaps thats a bit too old for FS4 or its not configged right, who knows. Can FS4 even do CGA? It says it will run on a 8088 CPU in the readme.