Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aidi

Yesterday's GoFlight announcement

Guest LSflyguy

I would like to offer a constructive suggestion regarding manufacturer's promos on the "Today's Headlines" section of AVSIM's front page. Yesterday, you ran a short announcement (copied below) of price reductions on many GoFlight items, and provided a link to GoFlight's home page. I have high regard for GoFlight, so I clicked the link and attempted to find the price reductions. They weren't mentioned anywhere on GoFlight's front page, nor in the "News" section (which hadn't been updated in over a year.) I spent quite a while searching GoFlight's site, and saw only one item -- rudder pedals -- listed on sale. Everything else appeared to be its normal full-retail price with no "real bargains" anywhere to be found. I'd just like to suggest that AVSIM adopt a policy to verify and confirm the accuracy of a vendor's press release before posting an announcement on the front page. It would only take a minute or two to determine whether or not the information being advertised is readily visible at the linked site. I want to emphasize that I have the very highest regard for both AVSIM and GoFlight, and I hope my suggestion will be positive for both vendors and users alike. I do believe that such announcements are a valuable service, when they're accurate. Thanks for your consideration, Lee S. P.S. Here is the announcement as it appeared on yesterday's front page (minus the links). It appears to have been removed since then: ---- GoFlight Offers Modules At Reduced PricePosted: Thursday, April 26, 2007 - 22:30Goflight has sent us press release saying that they are currently offering various GF modules are reduced prices. There are some real bargins up for grabs. If you already have some of the modules, or are looking to start your collecition, why not pop over to the GoFlight website and see whats available. For more information, visit the GoFlight Website.