Sign in to follow this  
Guest CharlesH

Worth the Upgrade?

System: 1.1g Athlon, 256meg. ram, GTS, g-gorce 2 video card. Image quality is very good in my opinion, for this particular system.How much improvement can I expect by upgrading my video card to a G-Force4 Ti, 128? Is it worth the upgrade?

depends on what you are trying to achieve. You will get better graphics and some performance, but to take full advantage of the G4 you will probably need a better CPU, closer to 2 gig. I have an Athlon 1.4 Tbird and had a Radeon 64 MB DDR card and upgraded to a G4 Ti 4600, the picture quality was outstanding, but gained less performance than I expected, still happy with it though. Every setup will get different results, depending on the configuration. If you are looking to upgrade, wait till next year, lots of new processors and V card technology coming out, will be worth the wait, plus it will make the current stuff more affordable. Hope that helps.Michaelhttp://www.geocities.com/res052cd/cmhbanner.gif

Best, Michael

KDFW

You'll see in increase in image quality but that's it. If I were you I'd get another 256 meg stick of ram. ;) Otherwise, you have a nice system. :)Gary

Guest ccgr

I would definitely upgrade your video card. What kind of memory you running SDRAM or DDR? I too would recommend 512MB.

You will not see an increase in FPS, if this is what you're after. Need more CPU for more FPS, bottom line.

Guest CharlesH

Hi:Get a least a P4 2.4 that has a 533 bus. They have come down in price and will give you the performance you need.Charles