Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bob I

OT, Complete Install On Laptop Puter.....

Hi Fellow Simmers,As we all know, it is nice to help a friend out, and it looks like I'm in over my head..Again.. LOL. He handed me a dead Mustek, Model A440, Intel Celeron 1 gig laptop, that suffered power loss during a Defrag. After that, it would only boot to a Blue Screen. As the only thing on the laptop, was the OS and a couple of games, I decided to do a clean install of the original OS, which was Win98 SE. All went well until I asked him for the driver disks for video, sound, modem, etc., and that's when his eyes glazed over and mumbled BTSOOM. I have everything working by installing the drivers that came with Win98, except the sound. I can't get any of then to work. A search of the net has revealed the this company is just about out of the laptop business, and I can't find any reference to a model A440. However, the two I did find use Creative Labs Sound, which I presume is on the mobo. When I boot, Windows indicates that it has found a PCI MultiMedia Audio Device, but it indicates that there are no drivers available. Can one of you fine folks help this old guy out. Thanks.Bob Irvine

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sorry Bob, never heard of Mustek! My searching didn't even reveal that Mustek ever made Laptops.Bill

Hi,As a last resort, I installed a set of AC-97 sound drivers, and it liked them.Bob