Sign in to follow this  

Finally Upgrading my motherboard & CPU Need some advice

Hey Everyone My current system I have a shuttle A161 motherboard with a 950 mhz Amd Slot A Proccessor. with 765 mb of ram. My current Video card is an ATI 7200 64mb. The Motherboard I was looking to get is a Gigabyte GA-7DX with a 1800+ xp Processor and plan to buy 512mb of ram from crucial.com also I'm planning on switching from a slot a to a socket A motherboard. Would this be a good setup, I don't play to many other games, mostly all are simulation, I currently use Flight Simulator 2000, Fly, and X-Plane. I also play the space simulator called orbiter. Is anyone here also using gigabyte motherboards in there systems, how are they working out. I would especially like to here from anyone who is using the one I would like to get which is the GA-7DX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That will be a good setup :)I don't have any experience with Gigabyte motherboards, so I can't comment on them. Good luck with your new system :)

Thanks I probably plan on ordering my motherboard and cpu sometime this week, then I probably order my memory after I get them. I heard gigabyte motherboards were a bit faster then shuttle which why I was thinking of switching the chipset of the motherboard I'm looking is AMD 761 I heard that AMD 761 chipsets are more stable with operating with windows 98, I don't plan to switch to XP for another year or so.