Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gregg580

Upgading..to...

Guest Gregg580

Amd xp2100, abit kx7-333, 512 ddr2700 ram. Went to a show today. Nice prices.. PLAN TO DO THE DEED ON FARTHERS DAY. Got the processor and ram on the MOBO...From a 1400 t-bird, 512 sdram@133. Will be saving for a daughters comp. as needed. Been backing up files for awhile. Any insite would be cool. I guess, if a flush is needed, 4 in 1 drivers needed still??? . Will be sticking with win98SE as OS.

Greg,I suggest you do a clean install of Windows when you put your new hardware together. It'll save many problems you may encounter.You'll also need to install the VIA 4 in 1 drivers.Good luck with your new system! :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Gregg580

John, I thought as much,,... as I did with the AMD1.4 upgrade before. Time to archive more and prepare the flush of tomorrow. Thanks for the support. As always...........

Greg,I assume you have quite a large drive? Is it partioned into sections? If not, I suggest you do so, it makes things easier for backing up.I have a 60GB drive which is divided into 10GB sections, I install FS into it's own partition, all my files and zips onto others and keep C: for Windows. This way, when it comes time to reinstall Windows, all I need to do is save my favorites, documents, back up my emails and addy book and format.This way all my files are safe, I don't have to spend hours backing up and making CDs. It takes around an hour from starting the formatting to reinstalling all my drivers and updates and getting back online.

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Gregg580

John, I have 3 drives for a total of 45 gigs total. I am backing up on cdr's as normal. I'll have to bite the bullet when reinstalling....but getting close to the flush after 1 year point anyway. thanks for responding.