Sign in to follow this  
greeneg

Dual Processor Question

Hi All. Am runnig the following system:MSI 694D 2PRO motherboardDual PIII@ 1GIG1024 PC133RAMVisonTek GeForce3 TI500 64MDDRTurtleBay Santa Cruz Sound.Windows XP HomeI realize that XP Home does not support the dual processors, although I have noticed an increase in system stability and Internet Explorer runs faster (subjectively). My question is, can I expect an increase in general system performance and specifically in FS2002 by upgrading XP Home to XP Professional which supposedly does have the Dual Processor support? It would seem that if you have some system stuff running in hte background ( antivirus, firewall, etc) and are also running FSMeteo, FLight Deck Companion and FS2002, that there would be some benefit if those items were spread over two rather than one processor. I have seen all sorts of answers and am now totally confused. Can anyone comment? Thanks in advance,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

After some research, a lot of it at the 2CPU.com Discusion forum, I decided to go ahead with the upgrade to WinXP Pro. The answer to the question is that there is obvious benefit and while there is some sentiment that XP Home, just might, have some 2 processor support ( undocumented), the way to go is XP Pro. FS2002 very, very smooth with FS Meteo, FDC running in complex areas.Best Regards,Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com