Sign in to follow this  

Simflyers LAX and ATL and framerates vs. default LAX an

Why Avsim.com and FlightSim.com have dragged their feet before giving us a review of the most important FS2002 scenery release since the SimFlyers releases, I will never know. But, thanks to comments and screen shots posted by many on these forums, I am probably going to go with the SimFlyers versions and thus I don't have to wait for an official review. I can only assume that Wilco is peddling their new FS2002 V1 scenery for the masses and not for the hard core flight simmers. As far as scenery, it all comes down to detail, and it would seem to have taken so little extra effort to have gotten it correct. SimFlyers seems to be the winner by this category.My question is as follows. If I am taxing around LAX and ATL in the default scenery and am getting an average of about 10fps, with everything being equal, what kind of framerates should I (and others like me) expect from Simflyers default scenery in say LAX and ATL.Thanks,Rob

5-6 FPS probly :( at least simflyers LAX. I deactivated it and use the default plus taxywaysigns now...ohh and the LAX addon thats available here. Just look at their developement shots of LAS, we will get a detailed tower from inside...well i usualy like to fly planes in this sim and not watch ai traffic. this is a flightsim, not a scenery sim.my specs: Athlon XP 2200+, 512MB DDRAM, GF4 4600, SB Audigy...regards,Mark / EDDT

Not sure why you say Avsim is dragging there feet an A2002 vol 1 especially since the scenery has only wee out a week in Europe and some people in the US have has is since Friday. I am sure once they have it they will review it.As for Sim Flyers scenery what many fail to do or understand is that you can do several things to get the most out of our sceneries.I am using the following systemP3 1GHZ512MB RamG4 64MB AGPWin98SESB LiveAt DFW and LAX I get 9-10fps on the ramp and on approach using the Ariane Gmax 737 w/ DF 737 panel, AI set to 100% (90% of US airlines see my screen shots).Removing static planes helps allot, turning off scenery shadows, turning off aircraft shadows (having them on with AI is a no all of your AI planes will have them too), set clouds to 50%, turn auto gen down one notch, turn off dynamic scenery. With these setting you can use the scenery even on a system as low as mine (with today's systems) and get fps up to 9-10 I do when I fly with the above settings.Johnualfan@msn.com

JetLine Systems Gravity GT2-Windows 10 Home Edition (64-Bit), NZXT H500 Mid-Tower, Black, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WIFI, LGA 1151, Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900K (5.0GHz Turbo) 8 Core / 16 Thread, Corsair Hydro H60 120mm Liquid Cooling, 32GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3000MHz RGB, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, GDDR6, 750 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 5.1 Channel Realtek Integrated HD Audio, Primary SSD Drive:1TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD), Secondary SSD Drive:2TB Samsung 970 EVO, M.2 NVMe PCIe (SSD) 4TB WD Black 7200 RPM Mechanical , SimOn Solutions 737 Professional Compact Trainer (MIP, OH). CFY 737 Max Motorized TQ Gold V3, MSFS2020, ProSim 737. 45" Samsung 4K TV.

What kind of frames were you getting using you 2200+/4600 combo with all sliders maxed and default weather? Thanks!Robbie

Guest jase439

ATL should run just fine on your system (I would remove the static aircraft, however). It is one of the more frame-rate friendly sceneries released by SimFlyers (wish they had more like this...love the eye candy, but would gladly give some of it up for better performance).As for LAX: abandon all hope all ye who enter here. On my 1 Ghz box I was able to get about 7 fps w/ static scenery turned OFF. It was 'borderline" usable. DFW, on the other hand, was a complete washout on my 1Ghz system. Sounds like you're running FS on even less if you can only get 10 fps out of the default scenery (that or you have something misconfigured very very badly). On my 2.4 Ghz, I can get about 15-18 - but you really need that kind of firepower to run LAX and DFW.Cheers,J

I was just using 10 frames per second as a marker. I have just built a system based around an Athlon 2100+ with a GeForce4 4200. My old system was built around an Athlon 1.2G machine with a GeForce256DDR graphics card. I will post my results later. Overall, what I am seeing is that the quality of the scenery with the GeForce 4 4200 is far and a way superior than with the 256 card. Screen shots don't do it justice, and I am limited to 1600x1200x16 to boot! I am working on getting it to x32 now. My framerates shoot up to about 30 in most locations and that is with everything to the max and default weather. That is a surprise! They come down around ATL to about 14-16 in the heavy scenery areas. I suspect with the Simflyers scenery, they will go down to about 8-9. I picked my motherboard to allow a 333bus so I will be able to add an Athlon Barton when it comes out which will start at 3.000+ That should pick me back up to about 14-15 with the SimFlyers scenery.