Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cannell

A7N8X and XP 2700 bios settings ?

What settings have you found to be best for this combination ?Also, should the memory freq be set to 200 with 2 512 DDR400's ?Your help would be much appreciated.ThanksSteve

Guest FPSFREAK

Steve,As far as Bios settings there are way to many to just throw out what's good. What Video Card are you running?. What brand or type of memory. What sound card?. The more detailed Info you give us the more exact and correct info we can give you. And yes, your FSB should be set at 200. This gives an effective Mem speed of 400 Mhz.Bobby

HiHope you can help ?The MB is the deluxe with soundcard and I got 2 512's of KingMax DDR400. I also just got a 9700 pro video card.ThanksSteve

Guest FPSFREAK

Steve,A good resource would be WWW.ASUSBOARDS.COM . Some basics as I am not 100% familiar w the board would be to disable bios and video shadowing, Set your AGP aperture to 128, try setting your CAS latency to 2, if the memory offers it enable performance or turbo mode. The best thing to do would be to do a search for BIOS topics on Google etc. The manual also provides a very good resource for what settings in the Bios control what.Bobby