Sign in to follow this  

g3d.dll

I am still having a big problem with FS2002, the program keeps crashing with this error message g3d.dll.Does anyone have the answer to this problem as it is really spoiling this sim for me.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You are not the only one out there.I have the same problem since I changed my OS to Win XP-Pro.All seems to be ok and then somewhere towards the end of the flight - just before or after descent "Billies BOX".At the moment I think that it has to do with one of my Add-on'sHowever it would be nice if someone out there with some ideas or experiences also could reply.My current system:PC 1 - Intel MB - P4 1.7G - 1 Gig RDRAm PC800 - Graphics Asus T14600 128 DDR - Sound Creative SBlive 5.1 Platinum - HDD WD 80Gig 7200 Rpm - Realtek LAN card - MS Side winder FF 2 - CH pro pedals through game port - 2 Monitors Samsung 763 DFX 17" - OS Win XP-ProSoftware - FS2002 Pro - FS Navigator - FSUIPC (2.93)- WideFS (5.20)- GPSOut - Adventure Display (Hidden, I use Adventure Text on PC 2) - Radar Contact - FS Ocean FX - FS Sky - - Scenery NL2000 updated for FS2002 - Autogen Europe - UK Mesh - UK airports package 2 (SW England) - Flight1 GB Airports -Video Driver NVidia 40.72, in the Bios AGP 256, in FS AA disabled else I get Full Screen problems - FS almost Fully maxed - Sound driver Creative Live driver Pack. I also run FS on two monitors, Monitor one the cockpit and on screen two the Console, clock, FMC and radio stack (Pss747) - Both screens set to 1024x768x32 72Hz refresh rate.Connect through a hub to PC2 - P4 2.2G - 1 Gig SDRam - GForce 2 64Mb -...Software - Garmin Mapsource worldmap controlled by GPSout to give a moving map - - WideFS client - FS_Meteo (5.2) - FS Real Time (not always running)- Adventure Text (Bar) for use with Radar Contact.My personal favourite planes PSS Airbus, 747, 777 and DF 737-400.I have created a test flight from EHGG to EGGD - Pss B747 FL350 - (I Know that this plane should not be on any of these smaller airports but this is a sim) always just before Lambourne or between Lambourne and Compton "Billies BOX" Appears.I keep on Searching but any help or suggestions are apreciated.This was running before without any problems on Windows ME.

somethimes I have the same problem with g3d.dllI'm not a computerguru but what I do is trying to start FS2002 with the default flight at Meigs. ( My flights/other/fltsim ).whenever I have a crash I start the defaultflight at Meigs.Once that didn't the trick because the sim crashed after the opening screen . What I did in this case :edit Fs2002.cfg and change (USERINTERFACE)MAP_ORIENTATION=2PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1LessonsLevel=0LessonsTitle=0SelectFlightLevel=0SelectFlightTitle=56PageID=3OpenATCOnCreate=0SITUATION=FLIGHTSOTHERfltsim <-------------conclusion : when something goes wrong with FS2002 restart with the default flight at Meigs.hope this helpshappy crashing , sorry flying.pat

guys, have you done a search at MS? Although I don't have this particular problem, I did, in the past, have a constant error problem with a .dllA search in the 'support' section (i think) gave me the answer, all I searched for was xxx.dll and it threw up all the posts (and solutions/possible solution) regarding that xxx.dllIn the end I had my problem fixed, by me! and i surprised myself at the ability to repair something, lol.just a thought......see you in the clouds!David

Ok One step further. I re-installes XP-Pro and fs2002.Then I noticed something, pure by accident, after a while my Sidewinder force feed back 2 stopped responding completely and when descending the crash happened again.It seemed that windows XP-Pro was putting the sidewinder on the USB port to sleep and that this caused FS to crash sometime later.A ran a test and kept the sidewinder stick alive every ten minutes or so by selecting outside view and panning a bit with the hat switch, result NO CRASH.I found a setting in the device manager under the USB HUB settings that will put an USB port into a power saving setting and de-activates any USB hub after a period of inactivity, a long flight on the autopilot and FMC can cause this to happen.I wonder if there are any more so called intelligent features in XP-Pro?Jack