Sign in to follow this  
Guest Anthony_D

New PSU, cables - everywhere

Guest Anthony_D

Hi Everyone,I've now bought a Thermaltake 480W power supply to replace the old 300W supply. It runs fine (quite quiet actually - thought the fan wasn't working at first!). And the CPU temperature is down about four degrees so it's dual fan configuration seems to be providing extra airflow in my system.Now the PSU's upside is also it's downside - it has loads of connectors. Far more than I need right now - and it's a mess! It's like putting an octopus into a small box, it's tentacles get everywhere!So, how do I tame the octopus so to speak? What's the best way of keeping my cables nice and tidy where they won't inadvertently jam the cpu fan? In the future I'll probably get a case with a window in the side - so internal appearances are reasonably important.

Plastic tie-wraps! You can get them from Radio-Shack, hardware store, or probably from Wal-Mart.W. Sieffert