Sign in to follow this  
RichardS

FSUIPC

jerrycwo4Use causion when you check that item in FSUIPC where it will NOT take to back to the begaining point on a flight plan. I usually always fly from the 'saved flight plans' in the "Flight Planner". With the above item checked, the selected saved flight plan would NOT load, but kept defaulting to the default Meigs. When I went into FSUIPC and UN checked that item, then the saved flight plan loaded. If you use the above method to try to change your flight plan while in flight ( that item has to be checked so that it wil take or load your new destination). Just remeber to UNCHECK that item when you finish or you will NOT be able to load any other flight plan.jerry

Guest RonB49

I keep that "Do not reposition . . ." option checked all of the time and I've never had the problem that you mention. Try it again, Jerry, I suspect there was some other problem involved. I use it so that I can start all of my flights from the gate with the flightplan loaded and have my ATIS and IFR clearance before engine start. R-

Jerry,I found that in order to use it that way you have to preposition your aircraft at your Departure Airport. Then load your flight plan and ATC will give you a clearence frequency. If you position the aircraft after loading your flight plan ATC will not. For some reason once you move the aircraft ATC will only let you fly VFR. I haven't tried to restart IFR in the middle of a flight but I imagine that You will have to be over your new departure airport to get it to work. maxsdad