Sign in to follow this  
Guest mikeatwork

Gigabyte GA-8KNXP problem

Guest mikeatwork

Hi. I just upgraded my motherboard and chip and memory to a Gigabyte GA-8KNXP 875 chipset with the Pentium IV 3.2 chip and 1 gb of Corsair memory. I kept the ati radeon 9500 pro video card and reinstalled Windows XP Professional. I upgraded from an AMD 2400xp chip. I was hoping for a marked increase in performance, but my initial results with FS2004 are dismal, about 1/6 the performance of the 2400xp chip. I ran 3dmark03 and got a benchmark of 915, which is apparently pathetic compared to comparable systems. I'm hoping I could get some insight and what I have configured wrong in the system to get these results.

Did you install the MOBO's controller chip drivers, i.e., Intel, VIA, SiS, AMD, ALi, NForce. If so, check for updates at the controller chip vendor website. If not, check for updates at the controller chip vendor website or install the drivers that should have come with your MOBO.W. Sieffert